This yummy oatmeal cookie recipe is one of the many ways for breastfeeding/pumping mamas to maintain their milk supply!
Recipe by MilkinMamas
2 Tablespoons flax seed meal
4 Tablespoons water
1 cup butter, soften to room temperature
1 1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour (all-purpose or white whole wheat)
3-4 Tablespoons brewer’s yeast
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine the flax seed meal and water. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl or stand-up mixer, beat butter and brown sugar well.
- Add eggs and beat well.
- Add flax seed mixture and vanilla, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, brewer’s yeast, baking soda & salt.
- Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, mix well.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by rounded tablespoons onto baking tray.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Cool on baking tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Be creative and try these variations or additions:
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- flaked or shredded coconut
- dried cranberries, cherries, apricots or raisins
- white chocolate chips
A blog is born!
Greetings and welcome to Health Foundations’ new blog! We are thrilled to create this virtual gathering place—a space for you to gather information, support, and resources during the childbearing year and beyond.
Here we will offer:
- information about preconception, pregnancy, birth, babies, postpartum, and parenting
- news about community and Health Foundations events
- birth stories
- insight from experts in the birth world
- and much more
This blog is for and about YOU—our amazing Health Foundations families—we invite you to share with us your birth stories (and pictures!) as well as other stories about your birth and baby adventures.
We also welcome feedback—what would you like to see shared here? What are your burning questions about pregnancy, birth, and new parenthood?
Please feel free to contact Jaime at Jaime@health-foundations.com with your questions, stories and feedback.
Thanks, come back and visit us again soon!
Photo by Gwendolyn Waite Photography