We couldn’t resist sharing this delicious chocolate recipe the day before Valentine’s Day. But though it is a treat, it does have some health benefits. Coconut oil is great for the skin and immune system (it is anti-viral, anti-fungal and neuro-protective), and this recipe cuts out the extra sugar found in many dessert recipes. Enjoy!
And don’t forget to join us for our Valentine’s Celebration tomorrow morning at Health Foundations from 10-11am!
- 1½ ounces dark chocolate chunks
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries (or any preferred berry)
- ⅛ t sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut butter (you can find at co-op)
- 7 drops (vanilla) stevia or regular stevia and add 1 t of vanilla extract
- In a food processor, pulse chocolate and cranberries
- Add in salt until mixture is the texture of coarse gravel
- Next, add in the coconut oil, coconut butter and stevia
- Scoop mixture 1 tablespoon at a time into a lined mini muffin pan
- Refrigerate for 3 hours to set, then serve
Makes 10 truffles
Recipe credit: Elana’s Pantry