Join us for a special two-part workshop during which you will have time and space to reflect on, process, write about, and share (if desired) your birth story with gentle guidance from Health Foundations’ blogger-writer-professor-mama-doula-in-training, Jaime Fleres-Mizejewski.
We will gather at Health Foundations on two Fridays: September 6 and 20 from 4:30 to 6:30 PM
This birth story workshop is for you, whether you:
- gave birth a few weeks ago or many months ago
- love writing or get sweaty palms at the thought
- have a draft of your story or wish to start from the beginning
- had the birth of your dreams or a different journey than the one you’d hoped for
No matter where you’ve been or where you are, your birth story is unique, important, and sacred—and deserves to be expressed and heard! Just like birth itself, writing your birth story is a profound and cathartic experience, the results of which you and your child will cherish for a lifetime.
Our first time together, September 6, we will:
- talk about the importance and benefits of writing your birth story
- gain insight into how to write (or edit) your unique tale
- go through a guided meditation/reflection time to evoke memories and emotions from your birth experience
- have time to write or edit your story
- enjoy tea and treats
Please bring a journal and a writing instrument (crayons, colored pencils, pencils, or pens) or your laptop. To help evoke memories, you may also wish to bring birth pictures, your birth playlist, any notes you may have taken in the postpartum, or any special objects that hold meaning to you and your birth story.
Between the first and second gathering, you will have time to edit and polish your writing, getting feedback from Jaime via email if you desire.
On our second evening, September 20, we will have an opportunity to share our birth stories or listen to other’s stories, as you feel comfortable. We will celebrate your accomplishment (with chocolate)!
Babies are welcome to attend both of our gatherings.
The cost of this two-part workshop is $40, including a round of editing feedback from Jaime via email, if desired. Please register by emailing Jaime@health-foundations.com.
Writing, like birth, is a transformative experience with the power to help you make meaning from, process, heal from, celebrate and honor your unique experience of birth. Come honor yourself, your story, and your child; and connect with community.